Monday, July 11, 2016

Glazed and Infused Bakery-Alright, alright, alright!


Greetings to you my fellow BETs!

Normally, I don’t post things such as what you are about to see on my blog.  I used to have an outlet for my cooking and restaurant fantasies, but alas, Examiner.com has taken down the “Open” sign and closed up shop.  So, this may be my only way to get this important food information to my massive worldwide audience! 

For those of you who have followed my food writing, you know that I love to cook and eat, and I love to find new places to eat with my family on our little non-nom-cations. (See what I did there?)  Usually, you will find these places featured on the Food Network, which is how we select our destinations.



A couple weekends ago, Grant (my son) and I headed to Chicago to seek out a few of these hidden gems.  I will eventually post about all of them, but today I want to share with you a special bakery.  This special little corner of heaven is known as, Glazed and Infused.  Obviously this is a nod to a film from 1993 called Dazed and Confused starring (alright, alright, alright…) Matthew McConaughey.  Other than a bit of a hippie/stoner vibe from some of the employees, that is where the similarities end.

Yes. that is a whole piece of hickory smoked, thick cut, sugar cured bacon on top of the Long John!
My words can’t do the deliciousness of their offerings justice, so I hope you will enjoy the pictures I share.  The flavors were amazing and the quality of the doughnut was just outstanding.  Sometimes at places like this, they try to remake the classics somehow.  They might make them bigger, they might use a different dough recipe, and usually these small tweaks are noticeable in a big and sometimes, harmful to the experience kind of way.  That is the beauty of Glazed and Infused.  They don’t try to change anything, necessarily; they just try to make it better.  Which they have done gloriously!

The donuts here are a bit on the pricey side.  Maybe not if you live in Chicago, but when you are used to paying a buck for a doughnut, three dollars may seem a bit excessive.  Don’t be fooled though; you get at least three bucks worth of love and enjoyment with every mouthful. 

So, next time you are in the Windy City, look up Glazed and Infused.  It’s easy to find and worth every penny.  But make sure to bring a big appetite and prepare to spend a little cash.  You will probably want to bring some home to your friends.  Best put them in the truck for the ride home so they will make it there intact.

Remember, if you like what you are reading, don’t forget to follow me on Networked Blogs, or Google Plus, or subscribe on the top right, and recommend posts at the bottom of each post using Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook etc.  Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment