Saturday, February 8, 2014

The School Of Life

Hello BET's everywhere!  It has been a long while since I have posted, I know.  The last six months have been a crazy time for me.  Too much to go into, but always a learning experience.

Today I wanted to share a movie that I just saw for the first time.  Not a new film, and not overly popular to the masses, I'm sure.  But this film touched me in a way that only a handful of films have in my entire life.  The film is called The School Of Life and stars Ryan Reynolds and David Paymer, two of my favorite actors, which is one reason why this was such a treat for me.  I can't believe I had never heard of this before!

Now I won't go into the plot at all, because I really encourage you all to take the time to watch it.  I will warn you that there are parts of the film that you will find campy and simple, but see it through. The one thing I will tell you, is that it speaks to the meaning of why you all do what you do.  You may not approach it the way the characters do, or you very well may.  But I encourage you to look at the real message of the film, which I believe to be this.  We all teach for different reasons and from different perspectives, but regardless, what you give the students is much more than what they will show you through test scores or academic prowess.  What you give is yourselves, and that, will remain with them for their lifetimes.

I hope you enjoy this film as much as I have, and by all means, let me know what you think.  Until next time, keep doing what you do, and offering your students a part of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment