Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hot Summer Day Missing the Kids...


Today I am sitting at home doing nothing.  It seems like such a long time since I have had this opportunity, but today it feels less like an opportunity and more of a chore.  I have talked to several people this week that have commented how fast the summer is going by.  I find it to be the exact opposite for me.  For the first time in my life, I feel like the summer is never going to end!  I think it is mostly because I just miss the kids.  Most of the people I have shared this with assure me that this feeling will pass the more years I spend working with the kids.  I have my doubts.

This is my first summer to experience this.  All those little ones at your feet all day, then BOOM, nobody.  No one to send to the nurse with a scraped knee.  No one to have stand on the wall for disobeying a rule.  No one asking those great questions that we adults love.  You know, the ones that make us feel so smart to that second grader, who looks up with that grin like, "Mr. Ringenberg is soooo smart."  Yeah, I kind of miss all of that.

Registration is only a week away, and then only a couple of weeks until school starts.  I think I can make it.  Maybe I'll read a picture book or work on some fractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment