Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What I did this summer. what did I do this summer?

So, what did I do this summer? Actually, I'm not sure. Let's see, there was my son's graduation from High School, with parties and such. That took a couple of days. I studied for the Praxis test. That took a couple of weeks. We went to the Mall of America. That was a five day trip. We went down to Richmond for the weekend. That was three days. I had a pitch in and meeting at school. That took up half a day. In total, that comes to that comes to 24.5 days. So what did I do with the remaining 49 days? I have no idea!
That's what happens when you do something for a living that you love. It becomes a pleasure and a privilege to be doing it, and the time spent away from it seems less important. Now, I know this is coming off my first year doing this, so many of you think I am in the "honeymoon" stage of this job. You may be right. I will tell you though, that in 30 years of being in the full time workforce, this is the first time this has happened. Better late than never, I guess.
As I stated above, we did have a meeting and pitch in at school last week. It was great to see everybody again. All of teachers were getting their classes in order and a certain excitement was so noticeable. It seems that I am not the only one who has missed the kids this summer. And though I could tell that many of the teachers didn't take the entire summer off, they are just as ready to get back to school as I am. Summer, I bid you farewell. I will notice your absence, but will not long for you as I once did...unless I get to teach summer school!

No comments:

Post a Comment