Saturday, June 25, 2016

Update-Garrett The Wandering Goose


Good Morning BET’s!

Today, I wanted to take a few minutes to update you on my status of “Unpublished Author”.  No, the status hasn’t changed, so don’t get too excited.  After two years of submitting my manuscript to scores of literary agents and publishers, I have come to the conclusion that Garrett, the Wandering Goose’s time, has not yet come.

I still believe this story has a lot to offer, but maybe it will be to a slightly different audience.  I would like to see if any specific sub group will pick up on what I view as good humor with a message.  To that end, I have decided to self-publish this through Amazon Kindle Publishing.  I just want to get it out there and see what people think and maybe get some direction for my other efforts.

Right now, I am looking for an artist to come up with a look for Garrett, hopefully similar to how I envision him.  To me, he is a Fonzie wanna be, in a flock that doesn’t understand retro comedy.  I have a couple of students who I am going to approach to give it a shot, based on work they have shown to me at school.  Anyone else interested, shoot me a message and let’s talk.

I did want to share a few stanzas from the text for your enjoyment(hopefully).  Please let me know what you think, good or bad.  Once again, looking for direction here.  I hope you enjoy it.

Garrett The Wandering Goose

I am but a goose with a story to tell,
Just hoping you’ll listen, and you’ll listen well. 
‘Bout a misguided creature so angry and vain,
Aggressive and sure, but hiding his pain.

His skin it is hidden behind certain shielding
That keeps him aloft and provides a warm feeling.
His feet are grotesque, pale, yellow and wide.
And he wears a down coat made of aged fowl hide.

His lips he has none, rarely needing to utter,
His life it is Spartan, no sign of a clutter.
His voice is unnerving, more bass than of treble.
Some call him a problem, still others a rebel.

His ways they are timeless a true epic struggle
He’s obviously needing a blanket to snuggle.
When his problem grabs you, there is no good end.
I’m speaking of course of not being a good friend.

To speak of him scares me I have to admit.
But his story must carry, this I submit.
So without further fanfare, without any ruse,
I present to you Garrett, the wondering goose.

And remember, if you like what you are reading, don’t forget to follow me on Google Plus, subscribe on the top right, and recommend posts at the bottom of each post using Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook etc.  Thanks again for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment