Thursday, June 23, 2016

Experimental Education...ers! I Just Can't Help Myself


Good Afternoon BET’s!



Okay, so today I am addressing my regular readers…all seven of you.  If you are a friend of mine on Facebook, you are familiar with what I am about to share.

This fall, I am going to be trying some new educational techniques with my students.  These techniques are some that I have come across in my extensive research of leading education…ers…niner.  Okay, this is something that I came up with and has no data to support its effect on learning.  But, it is a cool idea, I think.

Here is the gist.  I want students to incorporate music, poetry, writing, drawing, painting or any other ways of expressing themselves, into the computer curriculum that I have put together.  I want them to feel empowered to express themselves in various ways, and allow that expression to be a part of the lessons that we will be working through daily.

To this end, I have asked my Facebook and Twitter followers for donations of any musical instruments (really, ANY) for use this fall in my classroom.  So far, I have received a guitar a drum set, and possibly a banjo!  So now I extend this invitation to my many readers!

(Most Important Paragraph)
I am also asking for your help with any ideas you all may have regarding how I might accomplish this.  If any of you have any great ideas or experience in this area, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Although I have a general idea of how I want to proceed with this, I can use all the help I can get from your vast experiences.  Please comment below and give me all you’ve got.  There are no stupid suggestions!  Please, comment away!

So, I thank you in advance for all of your ideas and donations.  Remember, even a harmonica could have a great impact on the kids this fall.  So, dust off those cellos, bassoons and drumsticks and let me know how I can get a hold of them.  And yes, I would accept the chicken drumsticks as well…just not too spicy please.

And remember, if you like what you are reading, don’t forget to follow me on Google Plus, subscribe on the top right, and recommend posts at the bottom of each post using Google Plus, Twitter and Facebook etc.  Thanks again for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment