Friday, April 18, 2014

Grief Has No Country


Good morning BET's!  Today I just briefly want to reach out to you concerning the South Korean ferry disaster.  Wow, the magnitude of this is something we don't usually see here in the states.  After nearly two days, there are still almost 200 people still missing and death toll has reached 28.

What really prompted me to post this is some news coverage I watched of the survivors and some of the parents.  For those of you that don't know, we lost our oldest boy, Garrison, over five years ago.  He was 19.  The grief and utter despair that we went through was so evident on the faces of the parents who were literally wailing over their children.  I saw their faces and I knew that pain.  There was no language or cultural gap to navigate, I just wanted to be with those people and hug them tight.

So if you have a minute today, say a prayer for those families and just keep them in your thoughts.  We all need each other today.  I am going to Jefferson Elementary again today for "Jogging with Jefferson", and I can tell you now, those kids are in for some serious hugs.  And I may just click my heals...if I can get off the ground.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment