Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Grandperson's Day Menominee Elementary 2014



Hello again BET's, and a warm welcome from Menominee Elementary Grandperson's Day 2014.  The festivities are ongoing and exciting and the paparazzi is adding to the madness.  Luckily, my wife is one of them, so we are cool.  But the tension is still thick in the air.

Bren and I got the distinct pleasure of being asked by our dearest friends son, to fill in for his Grandpa today, who was in the hospital.  Now, I can't name the dearest friends or their child, not because of any fear of getting their name or photos out there...they just wouldn't sign the release. Admittedly, most of my friends are imaginary, but Brenda was there this time, so I know this was real.

Anywho, what an honor to be asked to do this.  Although obviously, I am not even near old enough to have grandchildren(tongue piercing cheek), I find that I fill this roll pretty well.  I constantly dote over my pretend grandchildren and I put pictures of them up on the fridge.  I have an IPad, but I am way behind the times on what apps are cool and what apps are, "So last season." as my neice has said.  I drive slow in the fast lane and complain when someone is tailing me, and I like to eat at 4pm and be in bed by seven.  I was made for this role!

So, to sum up, I truly covet membership in this distinguished club and look forward to one day being an active and prolific member.  The only issue I have now is that I am only 50.  My life expectancy currently is about 80.  I don't think I can keep up this pace for another 30 years...although I am willing to try!  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment